Hotel Engine Marks Five Years in Business with Significant Growth and Expanded Leadership Team
Travel Tech Company Doubles Revenue, Expands Executive Leadership Team in 2020
Plans to Increase Key Departments Two-fold, Expand to Downtown Headquarters in 2021
September 24, 2020 09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
DENVER–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Hotel Engine, the leading, no-contract platform for corporate hotel booking, today announced significant momentum, experiencing 100 percent year-over-year revenue growth in 2020 and adding thousands of new members every month. The company also significantly grew its employee base, including the doubling of the executive leadership team with critical hires in sales, product development, data, and business operations that will sustain and accelerate its growth. Hotel Engine continues to grow and hire, with plans to double the size of many of its departments between 2020 and 2021, and move to expanded headquarters in downtown Denver next year.
“This sustained growth, even despite the pandemic, is a direct result of the Hotel Engine team DNA — a bias for action, a commitment to high standards, and a customer-first mentality,” said Elia Wallen, Hotel Engine founder and CEO. “Our mission has been simple since day one: arm businesses with powerful tools to make lodging management as easy and convenient as possible. We’re fortunate to have such extraordinary talent and experienced leadership join us during this acceleration.”
Hotel Engine is the first no-contract hotel booking and management platform that unlocks access to cost-effective hotel choices around the world while delivering key insights on workforce travel trends and spending. This year alone, Hotel Engine has:
- Increased room nights booked by more than 1M from 2019 to 2020
- Added 44,000 new members
- Increased inventory to more than 340,000 chain and boutique hotel properties around the world
New Executive Team Members
To support its ongoing growth, Hotel Engine has expanded its executive team members with several strategic hires:
- Danielle Press, Vice President of Sales — Instrumental in leading the sales function and team amidst this critical growth phase. Danielle joins Hotel Engine after a 16-year track record building, leading and scaling high performing sales teams at Staples. She most recently served as Area Vice President, Facilities Sales.
- Valerie Dolejsi, Vice President of Product — Oversees product development efforts, bringing a strong background in leading data-driven, results-oriented product initiatives with HomeAdvisor and Target. Most recently, Valerie led the team in launching the industry-first, dual-rewards Hotel Engine Loyalty Program.
- Florent Silve, Vice President of Data — Leads a specialized data engineering and data science team delivering high-quality analytics and data services across the company. Florent is an accomplished data science and machine learning leader, having successfully built and scaled numerous data functions and programs internationally. He also serves as an adjunct professor of machine learning at the University of San Francisco.
- Anoop Kumar, Vice President of Business Operations — Most recently, Anoop served as the Head of International Strategy & Operations at Squarespace. He has a long track record of guiding companies to successfully navigate critical phases and scale, having previously led strategy, corporate development, and growth initiatives at The Knot Worldwide and in management consulting at Axia Limited, which was acquired by Accenture Strategy in 2015.
The press release is listed here on: businesswire.com
For more information on Hotel Engine, and to see open positions, visit www.hotelengine.com.
About Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine is the first no-contract hotel booking and management platform that delivers the cost-savings, choice and convenience organizations and corporate travelers need to make the most of each trip. Thousands of businesses rely on Hotel Engine to book millions of room nights around the world. The company’s partnerships with its 340,000 hotel partners means companies benefit from the flexibility and choice they need, while also receiving key insights into bookings, billings and trends. Based in Denver, Colorado, the company has raised $16 million in funding and is growing its national team. Learn more at www.hotelengine.com.
mPR, Inc. for Hotel Engine
Audrey Fairbrother is the Content and SEO Manager at Hotel Engine. She spends her days writing about all things business travel, researching topics that are important to Hotel Engine’s audience and cultivating the company’s brand voice. When she’s not working, Audrey enjoys spending time with her family, and hiking in the nearby Rockies with her dog, Albie.