15+ Best Corporate Discount Travel Sites and Blogs
1. Transportation DealsWhat’s your preferred method to get to your travel destination? No matter which kind of transportation you choose, it must be cost-effective. But since the COVID-19 pandemic, it also has to be safe and sanitary. If you’re a travel manager sending your staff on a trip, this factor is more stringent than the price, too. It’s better to be flexible with your rates than to use transportation that could be dangerous to your employees. You can still get reasonable prices for all your preferences. Keep you, your staff, and your budget healthy by using these discount travel tips.
Rental CarsRenting a car before the COVID-19 pandemic was hard enough. Now, trying to find a car rental for your work trip can be like finding a needle in a haystack. And the cost may be more than flying and using rideshares put together. But with these top rewards programs, you can get the most bang for your buck when you do choose the driving route:
Hertz Gold Plus RewardsWith nearly 3,000 locations in the United States, Hertz competes with the big dogs. The Gold Plus Rewards program gives you one point for one dollar spent, including fees, taxes, and surcharges. These points are good for free rentals, and you can book through sites like Expedia and Kayak.
Enterprise PlusFor worldwide travelers, Enterprise is the go-to rental car provider. More than 8,000 locations offer nearly two million vehicles, including luxury cars and moving trucks. The Enterprise Plus points give you one point for each qualifying dollar spent toward the rental vehicle.
Avis PreferredAvis is almost everywhere Budget Rental is since the two companies have merged. But Avis has its own discount program, giving drivers one point per dollar spent on rentals and two points for every dollar on accessories. If you book at least 12 cars per year, you can qualify for all these programs. The cost savings turn into hundreds or thousands of dollars on your travel budget.
AirlinesLooking for ways to save money on flights? Sign up for these programs before your next trip:
AA CorporateAmerican Airlines’ Corporate program offers perks for business travelers. You can change employee trips, use waivers for change fees and upgrades, and passengers get preferred seat selections. Earn miles for your company instead of the individual passenger, and use those toward future flight deals, car rentals, and more.
United Airlines PerksPlusWhen you register a traveler with your company’s PerksPlus account, any United-linked flight earns you points. Use your points on one-way and round-trip flights.
DeltaDelta’s corporate travel perks might be the best flight-booking timesaver yet. Their platform lets you skip the travel websites and create your company account directly with Delta. Then, your employees can join the Meeting Network and book their own flights. The air travel expenses are paid for on the Delta UATP card. At the same time, your company earns SkyMiles for free rewards. Keep in mind that you’ll need to work with the airline directly to use your free points. They’re not redeemable with Expedia groups and other search engine travel tools. Using the airline’s site directly may also give you bonus points.
Other TravelOnce your traveler gets to their destination, how will they get around? It’s not always worth the expense of renting a car, but rideshares are an option in every city from Atlanta to New York and beyond. Rideshare discount programs with Lyft, in particular, are beneficial for business travelers. You’ll get perks like:
- Personal ride credit for every five business rides
- The ability to add a corporate card to your account for everyone authorized to use, and autopay options
- Receipt forwarding for every business payment which sends to a designated email
- Auto-expensing of business profiles to turn trip records into itemized receipts
- Rides to and from an airport can give you airline rewards
2. Discounts and Rewards in LodgingHotel deals are essential when you have to send employees for overnight stays. And for a company that has multiple business travelers, you need a company that makes booking a large volume of rooms seamless, like Hotel Engine.
Benefits of Using the Hotel Engine Lodging PlatformHotel Engine is used by more than 40,000 businesses worldwide to handle all-things lodging-related. The platform is free to join and makes managing reservations a breeze. Travel managers can easily set maximum nightly rates authorizing members to make, book, and modify their own reservations. From the dashboard, authorized members quickly see everyone’s travel plans at a glance. The company works with hundreds of thousands of hotels to get you the best travel deals for your getaway — up to 60% off. Whether you’re sending your crew to Las Vegas or looking for the best hotel in Miami, Hotel Engine has you covered. Even better is the “double-dipping” you get by using their Hotel Engine Loyalty Program. Business travelers can accrue their usual points with their hotel loyalty programs and earn Hotel Engine Rewards simultaneously. You can apply the platform’s points toward discounted and free stays at hotels and all-inclusive resorts. It’s a rare perk in the travel industry. Hotel Engine members enjoy the member support and cost-savings of using the platform while still getting the loyalty points of using their favorite hotels. Some third-party hotel loyalty programs include:
- Choice Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Hilton Honors
- IHG Rewards
3. Entertainment DiscountsCheap flights and a hot rate on a high-star hotel are fantastic, but when you can add entertainment discounts, you’ve made the trip even better. The work itinerary is over, and your employees have some time on their hands. Give them the option of enjoying their free schedule at a discounted rate for certain types of entertainment.
Working AdvantageThe Working Advantage program is exclusively for companies and their employees. Members receive discounts and other perks at theme parks like Orlando’s Disney, sporting events, movies, and many more venues. Every member will also get discounts on rental cars, shopping discounts on their favorite brands, and last-minute travel deals.
Entertainment Benefits GroupAn employer-sponsored program, Entertainment Benefits Group is “the largest corporate travel and entertainment benefits program in the world.” Over 40,000 corporate clients consisting of 50 million employees enjoy the perks of membership. You get discounts on theme parks, movies, special events, and other types of entertainment. Express deals and vacation packages are all more affordable with the EBG program. These types of entertainment bonuses aren’t usually included in work-related travel packages. But, when you sign your company up with any of the programs listed, your employees can use the perks for company and personal travel.
4. Meal DiscountsYour travel dates are set. You’ve set your employees up to book flights and lodging on their own. Now, it’s time to figure out their meal deals. You can give them a per diem, of course, and let them handle the logistics independently. But you can’t earn points that way, as you could with a business credit card. No, you don’t have to give every employee carte blanche access to the company’s funds. However, you can assign them their own card, with a spending limit, if you use a credit card company that offers this benefit. Each card has its own number and functions like a regular credit card. The receipts go to the primary cardholder’s account so that you can monitor spending for individuals. The points also go to the company, meaning your points accrue substantially faster than they would with a per diem.
More DiscountsIn the meantime, you can also sign your company for meal discount programs. You’ll save money and earn points. Check out these popular dining rewards:
DoorDash Employee DashPassWith this DashPass, employees get $0 delivery fees and reduced service fees on every order. You’ll also get bonus promo codes for future meals.
Orbitz DiningJoin the Orbitz Dining program to earn Orbucks, redeemable for your vacation rentals and other free perks.
Neighborhood NoshMembers get 5% and 10% back when they order from thousands of restaurants in the program. You can link a card, and your authorized employees can use it to pay for their meals. Corporate travel meals add up fast. Why not get discounts and rewards for all the travelers you’re sending on business trips? Related: Per Diem and Taxes: Top 7 Frequently Asked Questions (With Answers)
5. General DiscountsWhen you travel for work, you can still use personal discounts where they’re applicable. Whether you’re sending someone on a trip or you’re heading there yourself, you may be able to get discounts from these memberships:
AAAThe purpose of AAA is peace of mind when you’re driving, but the membership gives you more than roadside assistance. Members get discounts on purchases from approved vendors, fuel rewards, and more.
AARPAs a member, you’ll get perks from AARP like discounted car and train travel, restaurant deals, and fuel rewards.
Health InsuranceMany health insurance companies today focus on wellness. Check with your insurance provider to see how you can earn rewards while you’re traveling by doing things like eating healthy, working out, and increasing your step count.
Sign up for Travel AlertsIf your travel dates are flexible, you can also benefit from discounted travel rates. Get alerts by signing up on travel company sites, and they’ll tell you when the best fares are available. For instance, if you want to send someone to Los Angeles for a client meeting, but the dates aren’t set in stone, log into your favorite flight app. Set the filters for price, time, and location. Don’t forget to account for PST, CST, and EST time zones. Wait until the app alerts you that the best airfare is now available, and then grab the tickets before they’re gone. Discover: 5 Must-Have Apps for Managing Business Travel in 2022
ConclusionSafety is your top priority when traveling for business or sending your employees out of town — followed by cost-efficiency. But you don’t need the expense of travel agencies to create safe and affordable itineraries. The next time you’re planning corporate travel trips, use easy, free-to-join platforms like Hotel Engine and the discount sites above. You’ll get the best deals with top-rated companies, maximizing your perks and minimizing your travel budget usage. Sign up for your free Hotel Engine account now and start saving up to 60% on corporate lodging!
Uncover the secrets to recession proofing your business travel.
Download our free e-book and get started!
Cara Meglio is a Copywriter at Hotel Engine. She assists with content creation, researching and writing articles to help businesses improve their travel experience and discover helpful solutions with Hotel Engine. Cara has a passion for travel of all types. Based in Denver, CO, Cara loves exploring the Mountain West as well as international destinations.